Student's Packet (.pdf)
Entry Form (.doc)
By submitting an artwork to the “National PTA Reflections Program,” entrants accept and agree to be bound by the official rules for participation as well as the entry requirements for their
specific arts category and division. Additional state program requirements may apply. Any violation of these rules may, at PTA’s discretion, result in disqualification. All decisions of the reviewers
regarding this program are final and binding in all respects. (The “PTA” referred to in these rules include all PTAs reviewing the submission).
- ELIGIBILITY. Students must participate through a local PTA/PTSA. Each student’s eligibility is determined by the state and local
PTA/PTSA. Contact local PTA programs for deadlines and additional information. A student may develop an entry inside or outside of school.
- ARTS CATEGORIES. There are six arts categories—dance choreography, film production, literature, music composition, photography and
visual arts. Students may enter the National PTA Reflections Program in one or more arts categories. See each arts category rules for additional entry requirements.
- GRADE DIVISIONS. Students may enter in the appropriate division for their grade (Primary: Preschool-Grade 2; Intermediate: Grades
3-5; Middle School: Grades 6-8; High School: Grades 9-12; Special Artist: All grades welcome). See Special Artist Division rules for entry requirements.
- HOW TO ENTER. Entrants must submit their artwork and student entry form to their local PTA/PTSA program according to local and
state PTA procedures. Entrants must follow requirements and instructions specific to each arts category and division. Contact local PTA programs for deadlines and additional information.
- ENTRY REQUIREMENTS. (All participants must also follow arts category and if applicable, Special Artist Division rules)
**Only new pieces of artwork inspired by the current year’s theme may be submitted.**
- Each entry must be the original work of one student only. An adult may not alter the
creative integrity of a student’s work. Because the program is designed to encourage and recognize each student’s individual creativity, help from an adult or collaboration with other students is not
allowed except in the Special Artist Division. Other individuals may appear in or perform a student’s work, but the work itself must be the creative product of one
student only. Only one student may be recognized as the award recipient for each entry. See the specific arts category rules and special artist division rules
- Each entry must contain a title and all entries must include an artist statement. The artist statement communicates what inspired the
work, how it relates to the theme, and the content of the work. The statement must include at least 10 words and not exceed 100 words.
- Use of copyrighted material is prohibited, except for background music in dance choreography and film production entries. If used in
dance choreography and film production entries, background music must be cited on the entry form. Plagiarized entries will be disqualified. Use of PowerPoint templates are prohibited.
- FINALIST SELECTION AND NOTIFICATION. Entries are reviewed at local, regional, state and national levels. Each PTA
determines its own reviewers for the program. Entries will be reviewed primarily on how well the student uses their artistic vision to portray the theme, their originality and creativity. The
National PTA Reflections® program makes no restrictions on content or subject matter in artwork. Under no condition may parents or students contact a reviewer to dispute the status/score
of any entry. Each PTA in its sole discretion will select finalists for exhibition and provide awards/prizes. Awards are announced per local and state procedures. State awards and events TBA at
https://www.nebraskapta.org/programs-and-events/reflections-program/. National awards and events are announced May 1, 2018 at PTA.org/Reflections.
- OWNERSHIP AND LICENSE. Ownership in any submission shall remain the property of the entrant, but entry into this program
constitutes entrant’s irrevocable permission and consent that PTA may display, copy, reproduce, enhance, print, sublicense, publish, distribute and create derivative works for PTA purposes. PTA is
not responsible for lost or damaged entries. Submission of entry into the PTA Reflections program constitutes acceptance of all rules and conditions.
PARTICIPATING ENTITIES. This program is administered by the National Parent Teacher Association (PTA) and PTA affiliates. Parent groups not affiliated with National PTA are not
eligible to sponsor this program.